Mr. Roberts is a former big firm business lawyer who has formed or helped structure over a hundred for-profit and non-profit corporations and limited liability companies for Michigan-based businesses and organizations. He assists both startup and established businesses in the drafting, negotiation and enforcement of business contracts and reviews contracts and business arrangements to prevent and mitigate disputes before they arise. He also assists national and international to establish regional headquarters and conduct business in Southeast Michigan. As a principal at Renaissance Business Consulting, he works closely with accountants and other professionals to provide businesses with the full suite of business services. In short, Mr. Roberts provides his clients with the experience and knowledge base that is critical to the success of small to medium sized businesses.
Mr. Roberts also represents real estate companies ranging in size from a couple of houses to hundreds of properties in the metro-Detroit area. His real estate clients include local, national and international businesses. He helps his clients draft specialized leases tailored to specific properties and tenants, evict problem tenants, buy and sell property in commercial transactions, transfer properties by quit claim deed, obtain land-use approvals, lien property under the Construction Lien Act, foreclose on CLA liens, and more.
The attorneys at Scott F. Roberts Law have extensive experience providing the following business attorney and consulting services to our clients:
- Business disputes and litigation
- Commercial collections (representing both debtors and creditors)
- Business consulting and director/officer and registered agent services
- Mergers and acquisitions ranging in size from $30,000.00 to $250,000,000.00
- Drafting entity governance documents such as Bylaws, Operating Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, and Buy-Sell Agreements
- Employment Law
- Negotiating and drafting triple net (NNN) leases, gross leases, and turn-key leases for real property, personnel and equipment, including Stark and Anti-Kickback compliant leases
- Drafting and negotiating vendor contracts, purchase orders/agreements, services agreements, and other commercial agreements
- Drafting and negotiating employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, noncompete agreements (“covenants not to complete”), severance agreements, and professional services agreements
- Purchase and sale of commercial property
- Business succession planning, including comprehensive estate planning and asset protection services
- Filing Articles of Incorporation and Organization with the State of Michigan, IRS Tax Elections for limited liability companies, and 501(c)(3) applications for non-profit organizations
Scott F. Roberts Law currently represents corporate and non-profit clients across several industries, including healthcare companies, real estate companies, entertainment companies, consulting companies, accommodation companies, and more. Mr. Roberts works with an established network of accountants, real estate brokers, insurance agents and seasoned litigators to provide a full range of professional business services.